The number of online gaming sites has more than quadrupled in the last decade. This tidal wave of new competition flooding the Internet can be extremely beneficial to the millions of consumers who choose to partake in online gambling, but one should always do his/her homework first.
Many of your modern-day site operators are college graduates with degrees in Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, or Computer Science, and they operate from ultra-modern facilities that are located in foreign countries. Some of them may employee as many as 400 highly qualified personnel that utilize state of the art training, technology, and software. By applying the same sound business tactics that would be used in opening a new restaurant, for example, these gaming gurus not only know how to attract new business but they are also experts in customer retention Online gambling sites.
Today’s competition is fierce and the marketing tactics used are very well thought out and organized. Online sites will usually entice newcomers with a bonus on their initial and subsequent deposits. This encourages the consumer to not only join, but also to remain a loyal customer with them. The average bonus for most respected sports books is in the 20% to 25% range. It is normally given in the form of “free play” or “match play” credits that can be used strictly to wager with, but can never be withdrawn as cash.
However, whatever is won with these token credits is deposited into the player’s account as cash. When choosing an online or offshore site, you should never make a higher bonus percentage your main priority. When a sports book or casino is willing to give a ridiculously high bonus, it should put up red flags to you that something isn’t right.
Check the fine print and make sure that you’re not agreeing to unreasonable restrictions, such as a 10-time rollover or maybe 60-day hold of your deposit and all winnings prior to a withdrawal. In today’s tough economy, a relatively new site that’s offering a colossal bonus, may only be trying to overcome the fact that they are short on operating capital and need your deposits to even survive.
Before choosing an online or offshore site, do your homework. Listed in order of priority, here are the best criteria to follow when choosing your gaming site, albeit an online casino, sports book, or both:
1) Longevity – Experience and financial responsibility are normally associated with longevity. If an International gaming site has been in existence for at least five years, odds are well in your favor that they are credible. This should be your very first and utmost concern.
2) Deposit/Withdrawal Methods – Choose a site that offers several favorable options for money transfers, both going in and coming back to you. Hassle-free cash transactions will avoid many inconveniences and frustrations down the road.
3) Customer Service – Nothing can be any more irritating than dealing with a Customer Service representative that doesn’t understand your needs, questions or problems. More times than not, you will be dealing with a foreign country whose first given language may not be the same as your language. However, that person you are dealing with on the other end of the phone must be bilingual, knowledgeable, professional, and courteous at all times.
4) General Rules – Wagering menus vary from site to site. Check the “RULES” section, either online, or with a Customer Service representative by phone or Live Chat, and make sure that the site offers all or most of your needs.
5) Technology – Although last on the list, this is very important. Many sites offer a “guest” section that will allow you to navigate through the betting software before making a deposit and playing for real. However, if you have followed steps 1-4 above and are comfortable so far, odds are that the technology will follow suit in a positive way.